Thursday, July 24, 2008

I need words as wide as sky...

I have been trying to write a post for two days now and haven't known quite how to express it. This was my (and Mike's) first visit to Boniface & Saara. I met them once briefly in 2006 when Nate's team took them to Etosha with them for an evening. I have seen much improvement from the pics that I have seen from the 2006 team. The building for the school seems to be pretty much completed. They have solar power in the building and they have moved some homes on the plot around from what I've been told.

Boniface has so many dreams for the plot and it's such a joy to hear him express them. I am so glad to have had this opportunity to meet the people that are attending the college and to experience their lives. The three of us were talking about what a different experience it is to be in Ondangwa. We are actually coming into their lives in their community... experiencing what they experience. My eyes have been opened to a whole new world. I will share more with you later, I have much to share about the people, community, lunch, teaching... currently we are in the car driving south and my sweatshirt tent is getting a bit stuffy.

Boniface wanted us to tell Carey it's been too long. He sends greetings to Nancy, Jim, Paula & Richard & would love to know when you will visit again. He also asked about John & Dave Knight as well as Jeremiah Burrow.

2 comments:

Jimmy C said...

I agree the experiance is differant in the northern part of the country. I found it difficult to describe then and still now. As you've seen the improvements to the plot we have heard of them in Boniface's emails. I am looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Anonymous said...

Germaine,

This i is the first time I have been able to get to a computer since the last time I wrote.

Yes, it has been too long for Boniface and I.

It is great you have been able to visit Boniface and Saara. And to hear how things are going . . . great things.

Carey
Mk 10:45