Monday, July 21, 2008

'Dis is Afrika!!

We made it to Ondangwa by night fall... YAY!! I've always thought the north was so beautiful. This is where you experience Africa as people think of it. Cattle, goats & donkeys wandering the streets. Ladies carrying huge buckets of water back to their homes in the village. Homes made of mopane trees. I remember in 2002 the kids at the first school we went to showed me a mopane tree, told me that their homes were made of it, handed me a leaf and asked me to keep it to remember them by. And of course I remember... we were having a conversation about Mike not understanding why I remember some of the things that I do... useless information as he calls it. My response was "God wired me different". Nate said that would be the name of my book... I will keep that in mind in case I do write a book about me.

We are staying at the Fantasia Guest House for the next couple days. It's a nice place... Nancy, Jim & Paula... Simeon asked about you. Nate was excited that he remembered you all... I am excited too because he gave us a discount.

Tomorrow we will be up early and off to Saara & Boniface's. We have already been asked to teach... of course I am feeling under prepared, but I know what I want to teach so that is the biggest hurdle.

7 comments:

LeAnne said...

Glad to know the trip is going well - even when I don't comment, I'm following along :) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Gang,

Please do extend my greetings to
Saara and Boniface.

Carey,
Phil 4:4

Anonymous said...

My greetings to Simeon and Elfreida. Are Franciose and Niko still there? Also all my love to Saara, Boniface, John, Dina, and Tugheni and everyone at the school. Nate, I wish I were there to boss you around. I love you and am so proud of you. G, thanks for keeping us informed on the blog and for the pictures. Mike, I have been reading your blog since Christmas. It is great. Nancy T.

Jimmy C said...

Ya know it's nice to be remembered, Send our greetings along to Simion and Alfreda, They are very nice people. Give a special greeting to Saara, Boniface,John,Dina and Tugheni form Paula and I. Boy I would like to be with you right now.

Towner7 said...

Nate,
Enjoy the reading of the progress in travel and, can picture in my mind's eye just where you are~Make another brick~Casey says meow-meow and runs to hide during each storm..luv

Anonymous said...

Hey guys -

It has been great to follow along on your continued adventures! Looks beautiful up north. No doubt there is peace and quiet in traveling w/a much smaller crowd. Our journey home was pleasantly uneventful. It has been harder than I thought to readjust to life here in the states. I am in awe of you - who continue to go every year. I also have a great respect for how hard it is to leave Namibia and find your way in a life here that is so very different. G - I could certainly use one of those intellectual conversations right now! I will be praying for safe travels and continued car health :). Can't wait to catch up when you get home. Blessings - Ginger

Anonymous said...

So what are you going to teach?